Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Finally finishing the upgrade.

Okay, just about done with the cart re-build. A couple of things will be done, but it's just about ready to go.

Here is the cart just before we put the final patch and recorders onto the recorder deck.

Here is the rear panel with patch bays.

This is the front view with with all devices actually running. Computer is connected to both the MH unit via FireWire and the O1v via USB.

Closer view of the front from mix position. It should do.

Final prep and ready for the season will be next week.


Friday, July 08, 2011

Upgrade continues 7/8

I've started remounting and re-rigging the gear. The Lectro Venues have moved up a space, giving enough room for a new set of 5" monitors. The recorder platform will go right above the new Metric Halo Mobile I/O which is acting as my ADAT to analog D/A converter.

The recorder platform will hold the new DEVA 16 and the Sound Devices 702T back up recorder. I'll mount the Rollogic remote controller directly behind the 2 recorders.

On the side I have mounted the TV tuners for when I can't connect to Video Village via CAT5. They act as my back up video assist.

On the back of the rack, I have an accessory shelf for IFB transmitters, antenna amplifiers, power distro, 2 video baluns and a cellular modem WiFi access point. The 2 CAT5 baluns are for Video Village and for send and return from the playback rig.

I've added a Remote Audio Shunt Box in line of my inverter to be able to remotely turn it on and off as well as monitor the battery level and amp load of the AC/DC inverter system. I have 2 batteries on board, one for the DC gear, and one for the inverter which powers the AC gear.

Thats where we are today. Thanks.


Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Summer cart cleaning/re-wire and upgrade

I've got a few weeks off and have the opportunity to upgrade and re-wire my cart. It's an opportunity to pull all the gear out and give it a good cleaning as well. I'll be upgrading the recorder to a DEVA 16, allowing me to go up to 16 tracks. I'll have to add an ADAT to analog D/A converter to the rig to get the additional 8 tracks into the deck. I'll probably be replacing the triple 4" monitors for a triple 5" monitor rack, as my eyes are getting tired these days. Here are some stripped down pictures before the re-build.


Empty and cleaning:

Re- rigging and remounting gear:

More to come...