We just started our new season and I've done quite a bit of re-jiggering of the cart. Most notably, adding the Sound Devices PIX260i recorder into the rig. I am using DANTE by Audinate as my interconnectivity between the Yamaha O1V96 and the PIX and DEVA. I have replaced the AES card in the O1V with a DANTE card, giving me 16 channels of I/O over one CAT6 ethernet cable. I am splitting out of the PIX with 8 channels of AES and 8 channels of analog to get into the DEVA16. Both decks are recording redundant 16 channels from the Yamaha O1V. The master TC clock for the both recorders is a new Denecke GR2. The PIX can be controlled from either the deck directly or via a web interface called PIXNET, which you can see running on my laptop. All parameters of the PIX are available via this interface. I am running MovieSlate in my iPad, which handles all the sound reports.
I have also removed the Marshall analog video monitors and replaced them with a rack of 3 HD monitors made by TVLogic. Wow, do these monitors look beautiful.
The rig has been running very nicely for 2 weeks now and I'm stoked to have moved into a different signal flow. Something new always gets me excited. Here is a picture of the new rig:
and the patch:
I'll try and be a little better at my posting... Thanks for your continued support!