Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas Day here in rainy southern California. It's REALLY raining today, not just damp or misty. The mountains are getting a lot of snow, Mammoth got 2 feet yesterday.

Tomorrow is the day to really tackle the cleaning of my sound rig. I need to get it ready for the next project...Axeman. We begin shooting the second week of January. Rob Cunningham will be joining me as boom operator. No new toys for this one, as it is a low budget production. I hope to find out something soon about some future projects.

Still hoping that the DEVA 4 comes in on time. Though I am really unhappy about the way the company slams the other manufacturers at every opportunity. Their competitors seem to welcome the new products on the market, while all Zaxcom does is talk badly about every other thing out there. Bad business practice in my opinion. Almost enough to make me go elsewhere for my equipment. Really good gear, bad PR.

I look forward to the new year and all that it may bring.

No comments: